I was scrolling through my reader section and I came across LifeMakeupStyle’s “blogger tag” post. I love reading these tags so I figured I’d do it myself.
1. What is the one product you could not go without?
Mascara! Specifically Essence Lash Princess Sculpted Volume Mascara. I cannot wear makeup without mascara. I can go without everything else, but if I’m doing my makeup, I cannot leave the house without mascara.
2. Favorite Make Up Brand
Hourglass is my favorite. The quality of their products is incredible and I love that they promote being cruelty free.
3. Who is your makeup style inspiration?
Lily Collins! I love how she rocks a red lip. She always looks so vintage and sophisticated.
4. Do you remember the first make up item you purchased?
I believe my first makeup purchase was the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I was so excited to get this. It was the beginning of my makeup obsession.
5. Who is your favorite beauty blogger or YouTuber?
Kathleenlights. She is hilarious and stunning! She was the first Youtuber I started watching.
7. What is your top beauty tip?
Top tip would be to not wear too much makeup. I think makeup looks so much better when it’s not overdone. I prefer a natural look with a fresh, glowy face.
8. Why did you start blogging?
I have always had a presence online ever since I was a teen. I had a Myspace blog, then a Tumblr and then moved to an actual website. I love sharing my passion for beauty and fashion with others and connecting with followers from all around the world. I also wanted to bring awareness to cruelty free beauty and its importance.
9. Random Fact About Yourself?
I am obsessed with British culture. I love watching British movies/tv shows and practicing my accents.
10. How much do you spend on beauty products every month?
Depends on the month. I have been on a low buy, so I haven’t spent a lot of money recently. I would say about $50.
11. Describe your dream make up haul
There are so many makeup brands that you can only get online. I would love to go through all of those sites and get all the products I’ve been wanting to try.
12. How often do you wash your make up brushes?
Ooo I am horrible at this. I probably wash my brushes every three-four months… don’t kill me.
13. If you could only choose to do one before leaving the house, would you do your hair or your makeup?
Makeup 100%. My hair looks awful everyday. It’s thin and short so I’ve totally given up on it.
15. What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
I definitely think that blogging isn’t as popular as it used to be. Unless you have a really “pretty” site with content that sets you apart from the rest, it’s difficult to gain a following. As long as you are having fun and expressing your ideas, just keep at it.
Comment below if you do this tag!
lots of luv – shelrosebeauty